Quick Summary: Can You Lose Weight with Just Dance 2015?
The answer is indeed yes! As you’ll read below, I have shed pounds before using games from the Just Dance franchise. I love that you can have so much fun while exercising. I ended up gaining back weight due to pregnancy and other stresses, but I bought Just Dance 2015 and 2016 and know that I am able to slim down while gaming now that I am back to losing weight. Try it out for yourself and see how much fun it can be! I am no stranger to the Just Dance franchise. I own:
- Just Dance
- Just Dance 2
- Just Dance 3
- Just Dance 4
- Just Dance: Disney Party
- ABBA You Can Dance
- Just Dance 2015
- Just Dance 2016
I won a spot on Ubisoft’s first Just Sweat Dream Team through my other blog and worked on losing weight by playing Just Dance 4 for most of the time. I combined that with Weight Watchers and did indeed lose 25 pounds in the process. I gained back some weight, but that’s because of my own fault, not Just Dance 🙂 I went through the rough times when Eric was quite sick and life is a bit stressful. The pounds also crept on when I was pregnant with Ella. However, it’s back to weight loss now and my clothes are fitting better.
Tips to Lose Weight with Just Dance 2015
- Consult a Doctor Before You Start. It’s a good idea to get checked out and make sure there’s no hidden problems or reasons why you might need to take it easier when trying to lose weight.
- Make a Commitment to Do It Several Times a Week. As you might know, you need to work out several times a week if you want to see results. Aim for at least 30 minutes each session. Since a song usually seems to average about three minutes long, you would only need to do 10 songs. But hey, it’s a fun game….keep going if you can!
- Wear Shoes. You usually do this indoors at your house, but wearing shoes can help support and protect your feet and ankles.
- Give All of the Songs a Chance. You never know which songs will end up being your favorites. If you can find those ones that get you pumped and excited to keep going, it will make your weight loss efforts go easier.
- Check Out the Download Section. Ubisoft keeps producing new songs even after the disk comes out. Some are songs found in previous editions of Just Dance. Others are brand new versions. Some of my favorite songs overall have come from this area.
- Create a Song List with Warm Up, Regular Songs and a Cool Down The songs in the game do vary in speed and intensity. Ease into your workout session with a couple of the slower songs. After you have finished doing your set of faster songs, cool down with a couple more of the less difficult ones.
- Get Your Whole Body Moving. At least in my versions for the Wii, the points are scored based on your hand and arm movements. Technically you could just stand there mostly and still get a great score, but it’s not as good for weight loss. I have fun and try to copy all of the dance moves and make sure I am giving my legs a good workout too.
- Try the Other Versions of Just Dance too. Having a wide variety of songs and dance styles to choose from will help keep you from getting bored with this program. This will make your exercise plan easier to stick with each week.
- Keep a Glass of Water or Bottle Nearby. I found that it helped me to keep going if I had a glass of water nearby to grab quick between songs. You can work up a sweat easily and it is good to stay hydrated.
- Eat a Balanced Diet. It will be difficult to lose any weight with Just Dance unless you are also changing what you eat. Whether it’s paleo, Weight Watchers, Whole 30 or some other plan, use this opportunity to make your diet healthier.
- Be Considerate to Those Around You. I used to do Dance Dance Revolution, but gave it up when I moved into a second floor condo. This game isn’t quite as loud and won’t be as hard on the floor, but I would suggest not doing it at 2 am when it might wake your neighbors.
- Never Give Up, Never Surrender. It’s one of my favorite movie quotes and it holds true here too. Unless you are playing the game 8 hours a day for weeks (not recommended!), this isn’t going to be a quick fix where you lose 40 pounds every month or anything like you would see on The Biggest Loser. However, you can steadily shed the pounds and get into better shape, while having a fun time gaming!
Come try Just Dance 2015 with me! Let me know in the comments…have you lost weight with Just Dance? What are your favorite songs?